The Icebreaker is a Tecorian’s first speech assignment.
Timing is 3-5 minutes
- To introduce yourself to your club members
- To prepare a speech based on material that you are familiar with.
- To complete your first assignment, gaining experience in speaking in front of an audience.
* You know yourself and your life better than anyone else. Your story is very familiar to you.
* Choose a few aspects of your life, to share with your club members.
* There are many things you could talk about, for example:
- – A Short History of my Life
- – What I Do (for a job, for a life, at school, during the day)
- – Things I Have Done (at work, at school, in life, for fun)
- – What I Want to Do (my ambitions)
- – An Interesting Time in my Life
* It’s better to start your planning with lots of ideas. Create a list or mindmap of every idea about yourself you can think of. Select 2-3 of these, and use them in your Icebreaker speech.